The current ship design process iterates through many design stages and involves separate design teams, multiple design variants and huge amounts of simulation data. Without effective data and workflow management, delays can add significant time to the design process.
This webinar highlights how simulation process and data management help ship designers to communicate and collaborate across the ship design spiral. Learn how this approach provides the right information at the right time to make effective design decisions. See an example of a seamless ship design cycle workflow, with simulation handling, data sharing and communication between different users, from team leader to naval architect.
Watch this webinar to learn:
- The benefits of a Simulation-Driven Ship Design approach, based around a single data storage and single source of truth
- Why transparency, traceability and simulation data management are key to rapid design cycles
- An example of a seamless data sharing and design cycle workflow for marine applications, using Teamcenter for Simulation and Simcenter STAR-CCM+
- How to ensure product quality with the right data, right first time, available to all as needed
Remove the challenges to data handling and collaboration
Simulation is now an essential part of the ship design process. But without a planned, consistent, data management process, many challenges can reduce the efficiency of its use. As examples:
- Maintaining CAD files and required boundary conditions, particularly as designs develop and change
- Accessing simulation details for previous designs or test cases
- Bottlenecks in broadcasting results to stakeholders
- Maintaining quality control and version control
This presentation demonstrates how Teamcenter Simulation, combined with Simcenter STAR-CCM+ for CFD simulation, ensures full traceability of all your simulations. Templated setup files, stored with the CAD, ensure consistent simulation setup and repeatable processes for every study. Schedules and workflows are fully transparent to all stakeholders. Simulation results are automatically uploaded for transparent results. Improve your ship design and collaboration with this approach.
Take full control of your design process with Simulation-Driven Ship Design
Ship design is often performed by disconnected teams, focusing on different aspects of the design spiral. Communication is limited, which may lead to disconnections between different design teams. A simulation-driven approach to ship design centers the process around a master model and enables rapid development and testing of multiple variants. All teams have access to the required data and can work on the current design. This approach enables designers to rapidly analyze many different designs, leading to improved performance in shorter overall times.
Simulation-driven ship design, driven by simulation data management, is the key approach behind the design digital twin, the first step in the digital product lifecycle. Our Integrated Ship Design and Engineering solution brings your multidisciplinary design data, processes, and tools in one centralized environment, breaks down information and collaboration silos, boosts innovation, and improves enterprise productivity.