In this webinar, Siemens and Airbus will talk about the role of high-fidelity computational fluid dynamics (CFD) simulation in understanding the transport of particles/droplets from a human cough in aircraft cabin.
The team will discuss the complexity encountered in modeling the transport of cough droplets as well as the impact and effectiveness of face masks in reducing droplet transmission from a cough in aircraft environment. Simulations were done using Simcenter STAR-CCM+, a multiphysics CFD simulation tool from Siemens Digital Industries Software, which was used to support the methodologies developed in this preliminary study.
In this webinar, Siemens and Airbus will discuss:
- Simulation of cough droplets from an average human
- Challenges in modeling aircraft cabin environment
- Steps involved in understanding risk of virus transmission from cough droplets
Meet our experts, who will discuss the challenges and methodology encountered with modeling cough droplets
- Airbus expert in air systems CFD simulation
- Prashanth Shankara, Marketing Manager, Siemens Digital Industries Software
Who should attend?
- Aircraft manufacturers
- Automotive and transportation manufacturers
- Medical device manufacturers
- Building and HVAC designers/constructors
- Scientists, researchers and academics