Characterizing the mechanical behavior of materials and structures under load is a key enabler to improve designs and develop high-performance products. One of the challenges of standard measurement techniques is that they only provide limited and local information. The fast development of digital camera technology in combination with high-performance digital image correlation (DIC) techniques is currently bringing a radical change in this domain.
In this webinar, we will tackle some of the implications and challenges for test and simulation teams, including:
- Materials testing and identification complexity
- Structural testing and structural dynamic testing
- Full-field measurement
- Challenging scenarios and practical examples
Learn how DIC helps solve engineering challenges
Thanks to DIC, it is now possible to extract full-field 3D geometry, displacement, strain and acceleration under any load and for almost any type of material, with limited instrumentation. These data are crucial in the materials engineering process, as they allow identifying material properties, validating numerical models and assessing the strength of materials and components without the risk of overlooking key local phenomena. The technology is also applicable to analyze structural vibrations and dynamic responses and can be used to characterize rotating and lightweight structures that would otherwise be extremely difficult to test with standard techniques.
We will explain what DIC is and how it works in practice by discussing its main applications:
- Materials testing and identification (coupon test)
- (Quasi) Static structural testing
- Dynamic structural testing (component and system level) for deformation
- Structural dynamics testing (component and system level) for modal
- How to use full-field measurement data to validate digital twin
- Material properties for FE prediction (VFM)
- Validation of complete FE structural model (BC, loads, element types…)
- Modal analysis and dynamic model correlation (modal parameters)
Join the webinar to learn about DIC and the different solutions it offers with practical examples, explained by our engineering experts.
Meet the experts on DIC
Meet the speakers
Product Manager Structures Testing
With more than 10 years at Siemens, he has been involved in many structural dynamics, materials and mechanical testing projects. He is currently Product Manager for our Simcenter Structures Testing solutions.
Business Development Manager
With nearly 20 years at Siemens, he has been involved in many testing and simulation projects with aviation, space and defense companies. He is currently in charge of the business development activities for the testing solutions.